Looking for harvest work in the Young and Orange regions of NSW?
Our Harvest Labour Service is all you need to know for harvest picking and packing jobs across Central West NSW – only 4 hours from Sydney.
We promote all our vacancies on our website as well as Facebook
Harvest Season and Crops
The main picking season generally starts in late October and continues to late January, but demand for harvest workers can exist outside these months.
The crops in our region include: cherries, grapes, vegetables, apples, stone fruits and nuts.
Demand for harvest workers can be affected by a number of things including:
- Weather conditions
- Size and quality of crops, and
- Number of harvest workers in the area.
As harvest conditions change daily, we strongly recommend you investigate vacancies and make sure these jobs are available before travelling to our region.
How to register:
- You MUST be registered with our Harvest Labour Service before we can refer you to a vacancy.
- Register in person at our offices located at: 50-66 Boorowa Street, Young or 21 William Street, Orange.
Bring with you:
- Your passport (for visitors to Australia)
- Australian Tax File Number
- Proof of identity – something with a photo on it
Tax File Numbers are available from the Australian Taxation Office - phone 132 861 or www.ato.gov.au
Australian Working Visas are available from the Department of Immigration & Citizenship – phone 1800 040 070 or www.immi.gov.au
What do you need for harvest work?
Harvest work is outside and can be physically hard. To ensure comfort and safety, you must bring:
- Sensible covered shoes for climbing ladders
- Sunglasses, sunscreen, long sleeved shirt and a hat
- All weather clothing as conditions can change
- Drinking water and lunch daily
- Your own transport (taxis are the only local public transport in our regions)
Want to find out more?
Call our Harvest Hotline on 1300 364 445 or email email@example.com