National Disability Coordination Program (NDCO)
The National Disability Coordination Officer (NDCO) Program aims to help people with disability overcome barriers they may face in successfully accessing and completing post-school education and training and employment.
It does this by helping improve the coordination and delivery of support services to make it easier to enrol or participate in post-school education, training and employment.
What are the goals of the NDCO program?
- Improve transitions to help people with disability move from school or the community into post-school education and training and subsequent employment.
- Increase participation by people with disability in higher education, vocational education and training and employment.
- Establish better links between schools, universities, TAFEs, training providers and disability service providers so that they can work together to provide the best possible assistance for people with disability.
Who does our NDCO support?
We provide support for you and your family or carer if you are:
- at school and want to participate in post-school education or training;
- in the community and want to participate in school, post-school education or training;
- currently attending post-school education or training ; or
- transitioning from post-school education or training into employment.
Schools and education and training providers - we assist you to improve participation and outcomes for learners with disability by working with you to:
- Improve your awareness and understanding of your responsibilities under the Disability Discrimination Act 1992 and the Disability Standards for Education 2005
- Link in with appropriate support to assist you in your course of study at your education or training institution and through building the capacity of your disability support staff
- Build better links with key organisations to ensure the best possible assistance for people with disability
Employment, disability support and community support agencies - we assist you by:
- Referring individuals and organisations to support services available through your agency
- Providing advice to help ensure you meet the needs of people with disability
- Assisting in the development of appropriate services that support people with disability in their search for employment
- Building better links between your agency and other key organisations to ensure that the best possible assistance is available for people with disability
How else can we help?
- Check out resources and links for helpful information as well as connection to other relevant support agencies.
- Download our NDCO Newsletter to stay in informed of news, events and announcements that affect people with disability.
Need to contact our NDCO?
For more information or assistance call our NDCO on 1800 051 769 or email email@example.com