Sydney’s Tricia Murtagh was presented with the prestigious VERTO Service Star (Apprenticeships) award for 2022.
Ms Murtagh was selected from more than 200 staff across 40 VERTO sites (NSW, ACT and Victoria) in recognition of the hard work and commitment she has demonstrated in the apprenticeship services space over the past 12 months.
VERTO Chief Executive Officer, Ron Maxwell, described Ms Murtagh as a valuable member of the VERTO team who has worked hard to achieve outstanding results for the organisation.
“Tricia has built long-lasting relationships with her clients, which has enabled her to generate a large volume of apprenticeship sign-ups over the past year,” he said.
“Tricia provides incredible support to the Apprenticeships team and has become everyone’s go-to for information, advice, support and training.
“Tricia demonstrates VERTO’s Guiding Principles on a daily basis and is well respected by her peers and colleagues. She thoroughly deserves to be recognised with the Service Star (Apprenticeships) award,” Mr Maxwell said.
Ms Murtagh was one of 15 winners recognised at a presentation dinner in the Blue Mountains. The full list of winners is below:
- Excellence in Cross Service Support – Communications Team
- Excellence in Innovation – Danielle Booth (Sydney)
- Excellence in Leadership – Allannah Clarke (Wollongong)
- Excellence in Leadership RCC – Mel Livermore (Wagga Wagga)
- Excellence in Indigenous Outcomes – Mary Croaker and The Oberon Employment Services Team
- Excellence in Team Performance – The VERTO Tender and AASN Teams
- Excellence in Team Performance RCC – Lisa Douglas (Wagga Wagga)
- Service Star (Apprenticeship Services) - Tricia Murtagh (Sydney)
- Service Star (Community Services) - Sharyn Semmens (Bathurst)
- Service Star (Corporate Services) - Jon Ulbricht (Newcastle)
- Service Star (Employment Services) - Ann Lawrence (Port Macquarie)
- Service Star (Training Services) – Taryn Smail (Albury)
- Employee of the Year - John McIvor (Newcastle)
- Gary Lowe Memorial Award for Outstanding Teacher, Trainer and/or Assessor - Renae Harland (Bundaberg)
- Graham Draffin Scholarship – Alyssa Mudford (Newcastle)