Common issues facing Aged Care Providers
Our clients and contacts are telling us that the types of common issues aged care providers are currently facing include:
- Site assessments as part of the Aged Care Quality and Safety Commission (ACQSC) Standards
- Risk of non-compliance or even sanctions from above assessments
- High turnover of staff
- Lack of time allocated to quality staff training
- No staff training aligned to ACQSC Standards.
VERTO Support for Aged Care Providers
In response, Registered Training Organisation VERTO has developed a range of educational resources, including Toolbox Talks and E-Learning courses which address the above issues, and:
- are mapped to ACQSC Standards
- written specifically for residential aged care and community home care facilities
- are designed for face-to-face delivery
- include a facilitator guide for team leaders, educators, and registered nurses to deliver
- include exercises and/or case studies to ensure understanding
- are supplemented with e-learning to embed and re-enforce learning
- are written to be concise and don’t require participants to be off the floor, absent or backfilled
- provide a solution to the “gap” in knowledge between the Certificate III and IV curriculum when compared to the ACQSC Standards
- can be displayed for reference and re-used
- can be personalised with write on/rub off capabilities.
Additional to the above suite of resources, VERTO continues to offer Certificate III in individual Support (Ageing and Disability) and Certificate IV in Ageing Support. Want to know more?
Register your interest in Aged Care resources