Lithgow’s Jessica Bennett was yesterday presented with the prestigious 2020 VERTO Service Star (Employment Services) award.
Ms Bennett upstaged a quality field of nominations from 45 VERTO sites across NSW, the ACT and Victoria to claim the award, recognition for the hard work she has demonstrated in the employment services space over the past 12 months.
Ms Bennett was one of 12 winners recognised during the virtual presentation, with Sydney’s Petra Hancock named the 2020 VERTO Employee of the Year.
“During these difficult COVID-19 times, Jessica has been a shining light for VERTO,” Chief Executive Officer, Ron Maxwell, said.
“Jessica has really excelled this year, demonstrating an extreme level of empathy and care towards her local clients and the employers she works with.
“Jessica is an outstanding role model with a strong work ethic who demonstrates VERTO’s Guiding Principles on a daily basis. She is a thoroughly deserving winner of the 2020 VERTO Service Star (Employment Services) award.”
Full list of award winners:
- Excellence in Cross Service Support – Pamela Hunter (Bathurst);
- Excellence in Innovation – IT Team;
- Excellence in Leadership – Jacinta Ryan (Wagga Wagga);
- Excellence in Indigenous Outcomes – Mudgee/Kandos/Gulgong jobactive Team;
- Excellence in Team Performance – Skills Checkpoint Team;
- Service Star (Apprenticeship Services) – Terry Clark (Newcastle);
- Service Star (Community Services) – Mary Croaker (Orange);
- Service Star (Corporate Services) – Kelly Reilly (Newcastle);
- Service Star (Employment Services) – Jessica Bennett (Lithgow);
- Service Star (Training Services) – Rebecca Green (Newcastle);
- Graham Draffin Scholarship – Diana Mudford (Newcastle);
- Employee of the Year – Petra Hancock (Sydney).
There were also two staff recognised for outstanding dedication to VERTO with length of service trophies - Eugenie Wilde (10 years) and Sue Brown (20 years).