VERTO’s Mudgee, Kandos and Gulgong jobactive team was yesterday presented with the prestigious 2020 VERTO Excellence in Indigenous Outcomes award.
The team, consisting of Lindsay Bull, Kym Robinson, Elizabeth Gollino and Amy Turner, upstaged a quality field of nominations from 45 VERTO sites across NSW, the ACT and Victoria to claim the award, recognition for the hard work they have demonstrated in the employment space over the past 12 months.
The Mudgee, Kandos and Gulgong jobactive team was one of 12 winners recognised during the virtual presentation, with Sydney’s Petra Hancock named the 2020 VERTO Employee of the Year.
“During these difficult COVID-19 times, the Mudgee, Kandos and Gulgong jobactive team of Lindsay, Kym, Elizabeth and Amy have been a shining light for VERTO,” Chief Executive Officer, Ron Maxwell, said.
“The team is fully committed to creating equal opportunities for their Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients, and the dedication from the team in utilising available programs and schemes such as New Careers for Aboriginal People (NCAP) and paid work trials has resulted in some strong outcomes across the region.
“The Mudgee, Kandos and Gulgong jobactive team continues to demonstrate VERTO’s Guiding Principles on a daily basis and are thoroughly deserving winners of the Excellence in Indigenous Outcomes award.”
Full list of award winners:
- Excellence in Cross Service Support – Pamela Hunter (Bathurst);
- Excellence in Innovation – IT Team;
- Excellence in Leadership – Jacinta Ryan (Wagga Wagga);
- Excellence in Indigenous Outcomes – Mudgee/Kandos/Gulgong jobactive Team;
- Excellence in Team Performance – Skills Checkpoint Team;
- Service Star (Apprenticeship Services) – Terry Clark (Newcastle);
- Service Star (Community Services) – Mary Croaker (Orange);
- Service Star (Corporate Services) – Kelly Reilly (Newcastle);
- Service Star (Employment Services) – Jessica Bennett (Lithgow);
- Service Star (Training Services) – Rebecca Green (Newcastle);
- Graham Draffin Scholarship – Diana Mudford (Newcastle);
- Employee of the Year – Petra Hancock (Sydney).
There were also two staff recognised for outstanding dedication to VERTO with length of service trophies - Eugenie Wilde (10 years) and Sue Brown (20 years).