Bathurst’s Pamela Hunter was yesterday presented with the prestigious 2020 VERTO Excellence in Cross Service Support award.
Ms Hunter upstaged a quality field of nominations from 45 VERTO sites across NSW, the ACT and Victoria to claim the award, recognition for the hard work she has demonstrated in the community services space over the past 12 months.
Ms Hunter was one of 12 winners recognised during the virtual presentation, with Sydney’s Petra Hancock named the 2020 VERTO Employee of the Year.
“During these difficult COVID-19 times, Pam has been a shining light for VERTO,” VERTO Chief Executive Officer, Ron Maxwell, said.
“Not only is Pam an important member of VERTO’s Management Team, she continues to lead a number of our programs with aplomb, including our Tenants Advice and Advocacy Service, National Disability Coordination Officer Program, Aboriginal Youth Leadership Program and our Quality and Risk Program.
“This not only demonstrates Pam’s flexibility, but the immense value she is to the organisation.
“Pam is highly respected by her colleagues and peers, and is a wonderful role model for members of her teams and a thoroughly deserving winner of the Excellence in Cross Service Support award.”
Full list of award winners:
- Excellence in Cross Service Support – Pamela Hunter (Bathurst)
- Excellence in Innovation – IT Team;
- Excellence in Leadership – Jacinta Ryan (Wagga Wagga);
- Excellence in Indigenous Outcomes – Mudgee/Kandos/Gulgong jobactive Team;
- Excellence in Team Performance – Skills Checkpoint Team;
- Service Star (Apprenticeship Services) – Terry Clark (Newcastle);
- Service Star (Community Services) – Mary Croaker (Orange);
- Service Star (Corporate Services) – Kelly Reilly (Newcastle);
- Service Star (Employment Services) – Jessica Bennett (Lithgow);
- Service Star (Training Services) – Rebecca Green (Newcastle);
- Graham Draffin Scholarship – Diana Mudford (Newcastle)
- Employee of the Year – Petra Hancock (Sydney).
There were also two staff recognised for outstanding dedication to VERTO with length of service trophies - Eugenie Wilde (10 years) and Sue Brown (20 years).