The Transition to Work (TtW) employment service helps young people aged 15-24 into work (including apprenticeships and training) or education.
Participants receive intensive, pre-employment support to develop practical skills to get a job, connect with education or training, find local job opportunities and connect with relevant local community services.
TtW will help eligible participants prepare for a job by building their skills and confidence to continue their education, or help participants prepare to start a new job.
VERTO is proud to deliver the TtW program on behalf of the Australian Government across the Hunter and North Coast regions, and helps you prepare for a job and achieve your goals through a mix of activities and services, including:
- Capability development and adult life skills.
- Career guidance.
- Access to job-specific training, work experience and internships.
- Job search and interview preparation and support.
- Networking with local employers.
- Supporting you and your employer to help you stay in a job.
- Connecting with local support services, such as housing assistance or mental health support.
VERTO will ensure young people meet employers needs and are supported to settle into a job by:
- Providing pre-employment skills training that meets the needs of local employers and the labour market.
- Providing work experience placements to see if a potential employee is suitable for the job.
- Negotiating Youth Bonus wage subsidies of up to $10,000 (GST inclusive) if employers offer ongoing employment to TtW participants.
- Providing post-placement support to make sure your new employee settles into their job.
To participate in TtW participants must be:
- Between 15-24 years old
- An Australian citizen, or
- A holder of a permanent visa, New Zealand Special Category Visa, or Nominated Visa (including Temporary Protection Visa or Safe Haven Visa).
Eligibility for TtW will also depend on your circumstances, including whether you:
- Have a Year 12 certificate or Certificate III
- Have been employed within the last six months
- Are receiving an income support payment such as Youth Allowance
- Are participating in another employment service including Workforce Australia.
For more information about VERTO's TtW program, phone 1300 483 786.