The Transition to Work (TtW) employment service helps young people aged 15-24 into work (including apprenticeships and training) or education.
Clients receive intensive, pre-employment support to develop practical skills to get a job, connect with education or training, find local job opportunities and connect with relevant local community services.
TtW will help eligible clients prepare for a job by building their skills and confidence to continue their education, or help clients prepare to start a new job.
VERTO is proud to deliver the TtW program on behalf of the Australian Government across the Hunter and North Coast regions, and helps you prepare for a job and achieve your goals through a mix of activities and services, including:
- Capability development and adult life skills.
- Career guidance.
- Access to job-specific training, work experience and internships.
- Job search and interview preparation and support.
- Networking with local employers.
- Supporting you and your employer to help you stay in a job.
- Connecting with local support services, such as housing assistance or mental health support.
VERTO will ensure young people meet employers needs and are supported to settle into a job by:
- Providing pre-employment skills training that meets the needs of local employers and the labour market.
- Providing work experience placements to see if a potential employee is suitable for the job.
- Negotiating Youth Bonus wage subsidies of up to $10,000 (GST inclusive) if employers offer ongoing employment to TtW clients.
- Providing post-placement support to make sure your new employee settles into their job.
As part of VERTO’s Service Delivery Plan our consultants will continue to support clients on their journey to improved wellbeing and sustained employment. TtW clients may be eligible to access financial support to assist with their work-related needs, which can include (but is not limited to) assisting with uniforms or work-related personal protection equipment; mentoring; mediation; and training needs.
To participate in TtW clients must be:
- Between 15-24 years old
- An Australian citizen, or
- A holder of a permanent visa, New Zealand Special Category Visa, or Nominated Visa (including Temporary Protection Visa or Safe Haven Visa).
Eligibility for TtW will also depend on your circumstances, including whether you:
- Have a Year 12 certificate or Certificate III
- Have been employed within the last six months
- Are receiving an income support payment such as Youth Allowance
- Are participating in another employment service including Workforce Australia.
For more information about VERTO's TtW program, phone 1300 483 786.