The Transition to Work (TtW) employment service helps young people aged 15-24 into work (including apprenticeships and training) or education.
Participants receive intensive, pre-employment support to develop practical skills to get a job, connect with education or training, find local job opportunities and connect with relevant local community services.
TtW will help eligible participants prepare for a job by building their skills and confidence to continue their education, or help participants prepare to start a new job.
VERTO is proud to have been selected by the Australian Government to deliver the TtW program across the Hunter and North Coast regions, and will help participants:
- Develop practical skills
- Get education or training
- Find and finish work experience placements to give participants a recent employment experience
- Connect participants with local job opportunities
- Connect participants with relevant local community services.
VERTO will ensure young people meet employers needs and are supported to settle into a job by:
- Providing pre-employment skills training that meets the needs of local employers and the labour market
- Providing work experience placements to see if a potential employee is suitable for the job
- Negotiating Youth Bonus wage subsidies of up to $10,000 (GST inclusive) if employers offer ongoing employment to TtW job seekers
- Providing post-placement support to make sure your new employee settles into their job.
To participate in TtW participants must be:
- Between 15-24 years old
- An Australian citizen, or
- A holder of a permanent visa, New Zealand Special Category Visa, or Nominated Visa (including Temporary Protection Visa or Safe Haven Visa).
It will also depend on whether participants:
- Have a Year 12 certificate or Certificate III
- Have been employed within the last six months
- Are receiving an income support payment such as Youth Allowance
- Are participating in another employment service including jobactive.
For more information about Transition to Work, phone 1300 483 786.