The Australian Government is transforming the way employment services are being delivered, with the introduction of Workforce Australia.
From 1 July 2022, Workforce Australia will bring together all of the Department of Education, Skills and Employment’s workforce, employment and skills initiatives under one single identity.
Workforce Australia will help Australians to find and keep a job, change jobs or create their own job, while connecting employers with job seekers.
VERTO is proud to have been awarded enhanced services in more than 40 locations in the Hunter, North Coast, Central West and Far West Orana regions, where we will give individuals the knowledge and tools they need to get a job, learn new skills or access extra support if they need it.
If you are a job-ready job seeker you will be placed in our online employment services. If you need more support to get job ready, VERTO will support you with tailored services to help you find and keep meaningful work. We will do this through:
- Career guidance, mentoring and vocational training
- Work experience, job placements and post-placement support
- Support to help you get the tools and skills you need to find and keep a job, such as training, work-related licencing, relocation assistance and other work-related goods and services
- Employment programs that recognise skills and micro-credentials alongside gaining work-like experiences
- Support to access the digital platform to manage your mutual obligations and look for jobs.
Through the Workforce Australia program, VERTO will support business and industry with tailored recruitment and workforce planning. This new service will streamline how businesses find and hire the right people, with the right skills at the right time.
For more information about the Workforce Australia program, or how VERTO can assist you, please phone 1300 483 786.