VERTO's Training and Delivery Standards demonstrate our commitment to providing high-quality vocational education and training.
What do our Training and Delivery Standards cover?
The Standards cover all aspects of our training delivery including:
- Enrolment process, course fees and refund policy
- Assessment protocols
- Recognition of Prior Learning procedure
- Training Delivery
- Complaints and Privacy
Once an enrolment is processed, refunds or transfers can only be arranged in the following circumstances:
- A full refund is processed to the relevant party (student or third party) when course cancellation is actioned by VERTO or in the instance where the student withdraws either verbally (recorded in the organisations Student Management System by relevant coordinator) or in writing. Withdrawal must occur after quote acceptance* by the student prior to course commencement*. Where a student has been confirmed as commenced by VERTO the pro-rated cancellation will take effect.
- * Quote acceptance: refers to a list of mandatory student fee/s payable on behalf of the student or agreeing third party
- * Course commencement refers to: where a student has interacted and participated in the relevant Unit of Competency in a manner that exceeds mere attendance or accessing training materials
- A partial refund will be issued for Units of Competency where the terms as specified in ‘fees refund’ against the relevant state framework is met as per VERTO’s Delegation’s policy.
Pro-rata cancellation fee totalling the charge of one Unit of Competency is charged when:
- A student is confirmed as having commenced the course by VERTO and either fails to return or withdraws either verbally (recorded in the organisations Student Management System by relevant coordinator) or in writing.
QLD User Choice Program Student Contribution Fees:
- Provision of full refunds to the relevant party for any student contribution fees charged for training delivery providing training had not commenced at the time of the cancellation of enrolment.
- Should a trainee elect to cancel their traineeship, evidence of reimbursement of student contribution fees is retained. Evidence of a full refund is maintained for each unit of competency where no participation in training has been undertaken at the time of cancellation of enrolment. This is also required when changing elective units of competency. Student fees are calculated at $1.60 per nominal hour where a partial exemption does not apply.
- Where a student contribution fee has been charged and collected, evidence is retained to support a proportionate refund has been issued for each unit of competency where participation in training has been undertaken but the trainee has withdrawn from the unit of competency.
- A ‘withdrawal with no penalty’ cut-off is determined by the pro-rated refund as specified above. The date is determined at the time of withdrawal.
- Where a student withdraws from training, a statement of fees is provided to the relevant party, including all fees applied and any fees refunded, if applicable
- In the event where Credit Transfer or RPL is applicable and modification has been made to the student fee, a pro-rata refund is provided on the amended amount.
- Should a student elect to withdraw from the course, evidence of refund is retained for each unit of competency where no participation in training has been undertaken at the time of cancellation of enrolment
Written requests for refund detailing extenuating circumstances for students withdrawing from courses will be considered at the discretion of VERTO.
In the event of exceptional circumstances please contact us on 1300 4 VERTO to discuss your refund option
Please note you must read the VERTO Student Handbook before enrolling in any of our training courses.