Australian Apprenticeships (also includes traineeships) are available in over 500 trade and non-traditional trade occupations so there’ll be one that suits you. They range in duration between one to four years depending on your career choice.
VERTO's Apprenticeship Network Provider team works closely with local businesses across our extensive network to provide information, guidance and support for employers apprentices and trainees alike, across a broad range of occupations, from hairdressers to early childhood educators.
Watch the video above to see the fantastic relationship which exists between VERTO and Wagga Wagga Early Years Learning Centre.
If you’re keen on an Australian Apprenticeship, here’s a few tips to get started:
- Register with CareerGate
- Check out the full range of occupations available to decide which best suits you.
- Brush up your resume with work and education history, contact details and skills. Find great tips here.
- Check out the current jobs available in your area.
- If you’re registered with Centrelink and you live in Central West New South Wales, ask them to refer you to our jobactive team.
- Approach local businesses and ask if they’d be interested in taking you on as a trainee or apprentice.
Not sure which occupation is right for you?
Our free CareerGate service is your gateway to success. You’ll find everything you need to find the pathway best suited to you.
Already an Australian apprentice but need help?
We know, like any job it can be tough at times. If you’re struggling with your work, your training, your workmates, your living situation or anything else that’s impacting your development, our mentors can help with practical support and advice. Find out more about our free mentoring program.
You may also find some help in one of our community programs: