VERTO Disability Employment Services
VERTO Disability Employment Service's client John Crasti explains how VERTO has assisted him to find employment with Bourke's Wholesale Fruit & Veg.
Our programs are all about helping you achieve your employment goals, whether you need short-term assistance or ongoing support.
We are a Disability Employment Service that offers services aimed at assisting clients with a disability, injury or health condition that require assistance in gaining or maintaining employment.
Disability Employment Services has two parts:
- Disability Management Service (DMS) is for job seekers with disability, injury or health condition who need assistance to find a job and occasional support in the workplace to keep a job.
- Employment Support Service (ESS) provides assistance to job seekers with permanent disability to find a job and who need regular, ongoing support in the workplace to keep a job.
We currently offer DMS in Bathurst, Oberon, Orange, Young and Cowra. We also currently offer ESS in Lithgow and Mudgee.
Our Free Service Includes:
- Friendly, experienced and local consultants that are passionate about finding the right employer and job for you
- Support to identify your personal goals, skills and abilities
- Personalised support and advice about job search, career options, interviews, resumes, and job applications
- Access to a range of training options to prepare you for employment
- Post placement and ongoing support for you and your employer as long as you need
- Access to government incentives and workplace modifications for your employer
Other services we also provide include part time work for school students and work assist support for anyone at risk of losing their employment due to disability, illness or a health condition. An individualised program of assistance is provided to support you and your employer which can include:
- Immediate and ongoing mentoring tailored to your wants and needs
- Support to manage the impact of your injury, disability or health condition at work
- Access to comprehensive workplace assessments and funding for workplace modifications or specialised equipment
- Support and education for your employer or colleagues
- Advice about job redesign, training and upskilling
From July 2018, we will offer both DMS and ESS in the following locations:
Full Time Sites
- Coffs Harbour
- Port Macquarie
Part Time Sites
- Nambucca Heads
- West Wyalong
*Please note eligibility criteria applies for some services