Registered with Centrelink and looking for work?
As your job search partner here’s how VERTO can support you:
- One on one assistance to set out your goals and plan steps to reach them
- Advice and help to prepare a resume and job applications
- Practical training to advance your employability and work skills
- Work experience opportunities in real work environments
- Assistance with work related clothes and equipment
- Access to job search facilities and office equipment
- Advice on suitable job vacancies in your area
- Free Wi-Fi so you can look for jobs online when you visit us
How a PaTH internship gave Jamie a career close to home
Jamie had been looking for work in Tenterfield for 12 months without much success, and had packed her bags to move somewhere else to try her luck.
Mohan needed a special kind of person for his Tenterfield business, but had difficulty in the past. Being able to trial Jamie through a PaTH internship was a winning solution for them both.
Important tips to help you get the job you want:
Think carefully about your goals – be clear and realistic about what you’d like to do and discuss your ideas with your Workforce Development Consultant. Together, we can make most things happen.
Keep yourself informedRegularly check local papers and key job sites including jobsearch.gov.au, seek.com.au and mycareer.com.au for jobs in your area
Be preparedMake sure your resume includes the most up to date information including contact details, work history, training and education
Attend all your appointmentsRegular contact with your Workforce Development Consultant will ensure you get the most out of your Jobsearch. If you have any questions, concerns or ideas bring them up during your appointment or ask to make extra appointments.
Ask Centrelink to refer you to VERTO or call us on 1300 4 VERTO.