Parttime 2 days / 15.2hrs per week role based in Mudgee 1day & Lithgow 1day per week (Ref# 122-18)
We are looking for someone with a huge amount of personal energy and the ability to energise others to join our teams in Mudgee and Lithgow. As a member of our team you will motivate, upskill and empower Parents to return to work. Our ideal candidate will have relevant experience in Employment or Community Services, established local networks, excellent interpersonal skills and a demonstrated ability to achieve positive social outcomes for Aboriginal people.
VERTO is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from culturally diverse backgrounds including Indigenous Australians.
About the Role
- Make a difference in the lives of disadvantaged individuals in your local community by helping them return to work.
- Give great customer service to Participants, colleagues and community stakeholders.
- Deliver a tailored and culturally appropriate service to Participants that recognises their individual circumstances, including childcare and community responsibilities.
- Provide a flexible, mobile service that gives Participants multiple options to connect with the program (Including face to face, outreach, phone, email, skype etc.).
- Complete interviews and assessments to build comprehensive Participant profiles.
- Help Participants identify employment and training goals and make plans which include activities and milestones to achieve these goals.
- Build strong referral networks with local community organisations that will add value for Participants.
- Accurately complete a variety of electronic and paper based administration.
To be successful in this exciting and rewarding role you will have the following:
- Excellent customer service skills (both internal and external).
- An understanding of the barriers faced by Parents who are returning to work.
- The ability to professionally engage with community stakeholders and established local networks.
- Empowering case management skills, and experience working with people with diverse backgrounds and varying degrees of disadvantage.
- Excellent interpersonal skills which can be used to build confidence and motivate Participants from diverse backgrounds.
- The ability to negotiate, problem solve and resolve conflict.
- Proven experience as an enthusiastic team player.
- The ability to prioritise competing demands and remain organised under pressure.
- Strong administration and computer skills.
- A current NSW Drivers' Licence.
Benefits and Culture
- VERTO offers a rewarding role with career path opportunities and promotes a supportive team and work environment.
- We are committed to work/life balance and professional development opportunities along with providing excellent employee benefits.
- VERTO offers an attractive remuneration package (including base salary, superannuation and access to generous salary packaging) plus 5 weeks annual leave.
For more information
Call VERTO Human Resources on 6330 0981 for a confidential discussion.
VERTO is a community focused not-for-profit organisation located in 35 sites across NSW & VIC. Over more than 30 years we have grown to provide a variety of services to individuals and industry in the sectors of Aboriginal services; apprenticeships; disabilities; employment; tenancy; training and Youth services.(more information available on VERTO's website www.verto.org.au)
How to Apply
We look forward to your application for this role. We will require the following for your application to be considered.
- An up to date resume tailored to suit this role
- Names and current phone numbers of 2 work referees including a recent supervisor
Applications should be lodged on-line in Microsoft Word or PDF format only
All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Close date: 9am Wednesday 2nd January 2019