Full-time position based in Wagga Wagga and servicing the Riverina and ACT regions.
The Skills Checkpoint program supports the increase in participation of mature age people in the workforce. The Skills Checkpoint (SC) Consultant provides workers aged 45-70 with an assessment of their skills and career interests in relation to their current role or future employment opportunities.
The Consultant will also provide participants with guidance on transitioning into new roles within the current industry or pathways to a new career including any relevant education and training options.We are looking for an energetic, passionate person to deliver this exciting program in the Riverina and ACT regions.
About the role
- Make a difference in the lives of individuals in your local regions
- Give great customer service to participants and community stakeholders
- Complete interviews and assessments to create individual career plans
- Build strong referral networks with local community organisations and employers
To be successful in this exciting and rewarding role you will have the following:
- Excellent customer service skills (internal and external)
- An understanding of the barriers faced by mature aged workers
- The ability to professionally engage with community stakeholders, employers and established local networks
- Empowering case management skills and experience working with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills which can be used to build confidence and motivate participants
- Strong administration and computer skills
- Certificate IV in Career Development or equivalent or the willingness to obtain
- Current driver’s license and the ability to travel including overnight stays
Benefits and culture
- VERTO offers a rewarding role with career path opportunities and a supportive team and work environment
- We are committed to work/life balance and providing excellent employee benefits
- VERTO offers an attractive remuneration package (including access to salary packaging and 5 weeks annual leave)
- The successful applicant will have opportunity for leaseback of vehicle for private usage, mobile phone and laptop
VERTO is a not-for-profit organisation located in 40 sites across NSW, VIC & ACT. For more than 30 years we have grown to provide a variety of services and community programs to clients and employers in sectors of Employment Services; Australian Apprenticeship Support Network; Disabilities Services; Community Support Services; Tenancy Advice Services, Aboriginal Services; and an award winning RTO Training service.
How to Apply
We look forward to receiving your application for this role. Please ensure we receive the following information with your application.
- An up to date resume tailored to suit this role
- Complete the webform in 100 words or less how you can meet the position criteria
VERTO is an equal employment opportunity employer. We encourage applications from culturally diverse backgrounds including Indigenous Australians. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
Close date: 9am Monday 1st November 2019